We’ve combined a list of various things we have used, discovered and/or enjoyed on this journey towards financial independence. This list will certainly grow as we continue to discover new great resources along the way so feel free to check in every now and then!
Blogs (written in English):
- 1500 Days
- A Purple Life
- Brave New Life
- Canadian Budget Binder ??
- Canadian Dream Free at 45 ??
- Eat Sleep Breathe FI ??
- Fiery Millenials
- Handful of Thoughts ??
- Mad Fientist
- Million Dollar Journey ??
- Mixed Up Money ??
- Modern FImily ??
- Mr. Money Mustache
- My Own Advisor ??
- Root of Good
- She Picks Up Pennies
- Smile & Conquer ??
- TawCan ??
- The Fioneers
- Tread Lightly Retire Early
Blogs (written in French):
- 99 Jours
- Fais Comme les Riches
- Frugalman (Tout nouveau!)
- Jeune Retraité
- Le Millionnaire Invisible
- Les Ingénieux
- Liberté Volontaire (Tout nouveau!)
- Retraite 101
- Se Payer en Premier
- Simple Millionnaire
- Sorcière Frugale
- The Rich Dog (Français / Multilingue)
- Save Long and Prosper (Français / Anglais)
- Afford Anything Podcast
- Bitches Get Riches
- Choose FI
- Everyday Courage
- Explore FI Canada ??
- FI Garage ??
- Financial Independence Podcast
- Find Your Freedom
- Fire Drill Podcast
- Journey to Launch
- Mo’ Money Podcast ??
- Rebel Entrepreneur
- The Fairer Cents
- The Personal Finance Show ??
- Female Canadian Personal Finance Blogs par Maria de Handful of Thoughts ??
- Mad Laboratory from Mad Fientist
- Meet The Women Of The Financial Independence Movement by Tread Lightly, Retire Early
- RockStar Finance Networth Tracker
- Planifretraite (outil de planification de retraite en français) ??
- The US/Canadian FI Glossary by Eat Sleep Breathe FI ??
Note: The following are affiliate links so if you click them to purchase these books we get a small return as we participate in the amazon associates program. It won’t cost you a penny more but it helps us out so if you do, thank you! Otherwise, public libraries are a pretty awesome thing to save money ;), also they tend to host lots of free fun activities for the whole family!
Money Related Books:
- Meet the Frugalwoods: Achieving Financial Independence Through Simple Living (more narrative as she describes their journey to financial independence)
- The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy
- The Next Millionaire Next Door: Enduring Strategies for Building Wealth
- Our Next Life: Work Optional: Retire Early the Non-Penny-Pinching Way
- Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence: Fully Revised and Updated for 2018
Mindset/Philosophy Related Books:
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
- Meditations: A New Translation
- The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living
- The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work
- The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph
- The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pages of Cutting-Edge Content.
- Brain Rules for Baby (Updated and Expanded): How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five
- Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline: The 7 Basic Skills for Turning Conflict into Cooperation
- How to Talk so Little Kids Will Listen: A Survival Guide to Life with Children Ages 2-7
- NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children
- Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids
- A Man in Full
- Musashi: An Epic Novel of the Samurai Era
- The Alchemist (French translation can be found here : L’Alchimiste )
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Omnibus: A Trilogy in Four Parts
- Zorba the Greek